Environmental Risk Sciences provides cost-effective human health and environmental risk assessment services as tools to identify the most appropriate approaches for sound environmental decision making.
Environmental Risk Sciences provides cost-effective human health and environmental toxicology and risk assessment services. We use our extensive expertise in these areas to identify the most appropriate tools and approaches for sound environmental decision making.
Services include the following:
- human health and environmental risk assessment for contaminated sites (including peer review)
- human health and environmental risk assessment for existing or proposed industrial facilities
- human health and environmental risk assessment for materials re-use
- health impact assessment for proposed industrial facilities or major projects
- vapour intrusion assessments including advice on sampling program design, data collection, data evaluation and modelling
- advice on proposed risk management measures including verification of vapour mitigation systems
- derivation of risk-based criteria (RBC) for the protection of human health and the environment
- chemical toxicity reviews including the identification, evaluation, and management of persistent, bioaccumulative, and toxic (PBT) substances
- assessment of pesticide risk including technical registration support
- risk-based ranking, planning, and evaluation
- development of methods, models, and guidance
- evaluation of exposure and risk issues related to incidents
- technical peer review, including of conceptual site models (CSM), tier 1 (screening level) risk assessments and more detailed risk assessments
- community consultation including attendance at, and input to, stakeholder events
- auditor support
- expert witness.
We provide expert technical advice on chemicals in all environmental media including soil, sediment, air (including particulates), water and solid materials (e.g. food products or materials proposed for beneficial re-use).