Therese Manning has more than 30 years’ experience in human health and ecological risk assessment in Australia and has worked in the area of analytical and environmental chemistry since 1987.
Experience includes undertaking risk assessments, reviewing risk assessments, training staff, providing a centre of excellence within the organisation in risk assessment, environmental chemistry, ecotoxicology, the regulatory context for technical issues and technical policy development.
Therese’s expertise includes the following:
- risk assessment approaches for chemicals
- assessment of fate, transport and toxicology of hazardous chemicals
- fate, transport and toxicology of persistent organic pollutants
- regulation of chemicals management
- communication of risks and chemical processes
- promotion of science relating to chemicals
- science of endocrine disrupting chemicals
- organic and inorganic chemistry
- analytical chemical techniques
- design of chemical monitoring programs for licences
- technical writing and editing.