The enRiskS project team has considerable experience in the risk assessment of perfluorocarbons (PFCs) / perfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS).
Evaluations completed to date have considered both health and ecological effects (including bioaccumulation potential) as well as real life community exposure and community concerns on high profile sites. This has necessitated that we keep up to date with the scientific literature on this topic, to ensure we are abreast of any advances relating to the toxicology of, and exposure to, these chemicals.
Specific projects completed by enRiskS team members include:
• 2015/2016 – Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment for PFAS contamination at a capital city airport, addressing risk issues both on and off the site.
• 2015 / 2016 – Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment for PFAS in soil, sediment, groundwater and surface water for the a major transport project. Including derivation of Risk Based Criteria for works associated with construction and ongoing operation of the project, including waste disposal guidelines.
• 2015 / 2016 – Member of the NSW EPA Expert Panel for the RAAF Williamtown site (PFAS impacts) (NSW).
• 2015 – Provision of Auditor expert support services comprising peer review of Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessment for PFAS in bore water (country Victoria).
• 2015 – Human health risk assessment for PFOS, PFOA and 6:2 FtS in soil (Queensland).
• 2014 – Provision of Auditor expert support (peer review) services for the CFA Fiskville Site (Victoria). Expert support services were provided for the Quantitative Human Health and Quantitative Ecological Risk Assessment components.
• 2014 / 2016 – Human health risk assessments for PFOS and PFOA in surface water (Victoria)
• 2014 – Human health risk assessment for PFOS, PFOA and 6:2 FtS in soil and groundwater (NSW).
• 2013 to 2014 – Human health and ecological risk assessment for PFCs in sediment, surface water and groundwater (Queensland).
• 2012 to 2013 – Quantitative site-specific human health risk assessment for PFOS and PFOA in groundwater and potable water (Army Aviation Centre Oakey, Queensland).